START.NANO - Braga
Looking for Program Manager
We are looking for an enthusiastic manager that will take ownership of some critical aspects of this new program – building, launching and running daily operations.
START.NANO aims to create a business acceleration program focused on Nanotechnology, which should include access to specialized services. Through a set of properly defined actions, START.NANO wants to encourage creative minds, researchers and entrepreneurs to identify and develop pioneering ideas in the Nanotechnology area focused on the connection between scientific research, innovative technologies and traditional industries.
MAIN COMPONENTS OF THE ROLE
Working closely with INL, CeNTI and Startup Braga, the Manager will be responsible for the following:
· Program – Develop an integrated program of innovative business ideas (identification and acceleration) focused on five major areas: awareness; pre-acceleration; acceleration; access to services; communication and dissemination.
· Events – Encourage entrepreneurial actions that foster the appearance of startups that develop high technology activities - Build links with external networks, partners and media.
· Partnerships – Establish partnerships with other regional entities to leverage resources and expertise.
· Community — Ensure START.NANO contributes to the development and increase of competitiveness of the business sector that develops activity in the so-called traditional sectors. It is important that START.NANO is known among the local creative and entrepreneurial communities and ensure that our members are well-connected to relevant influencers, groups and communities.
· Promotion – Stimulate the creation and promotion of national and international networks which connect different stakeholders (entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, students, etc.) to foster and catalyse opportunities in a systematic and multidisciplinary cooperation.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
As the ideal candidate you will:
· Be fluent in Portuguese and in English (essential);
· Have experience in management responsibility, in a fast-paced services environment;
· Be an effective leader, with prior experience building high-performing teams;
· Communicate effectively in every channel, a natural networker, with the intellect and credibility to engage at the highest level;
· Think creatively;
· Be able to demonstrate an interest in emerging business models, the knowledge economy and the transformative effect of technology and health issues;
· Be excited about the challenge of building a team and a business from scratch;
· Have a strong sense of curation and taste from design to event speakers;
WHAT WE OFFER
· Be involved with influential people and a state-of-the-art project;
· Contact us to discover the rest;
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for the role then please send us an up-to-date CV with a covering email outlining the specific skills you think you’d bring to the role to firstname.lastname@example.org